We understand it is a tough time for West Chester families. Here are a few places where you can get help.
Health and Wellness
- Chester County Health Department
- Chester County Vaccinations
- Community Wellness Classes: Chester County Hospital offers many of their popular classes and programs as VIRTUAL EVENTS which you can take part in remotely and online through your computer or web-enabled device. Most are free.
- ReadyChesco.org – Chester County’s official source for emergency information and government notifications
Baptist Church of West Chester: 221 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382. Free breakfast on Saturdays from 6:00 am – 9:00 am and on the second & fourth Sunday at 11:00 am. Open to the public. 610-696-7466
- Church of Holy Trinity: Friday Night Supper: Every Friday 4:00 – 6:00 pm. 212 S High St. 610-389-4505
- Cornerstone Christian Fellowship: Free dinners on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. 426 W Gay St. 484-358-4983
- Meals on Wheels Agency: Deliveries available Monday – Friday to elderly and homebound individuals. 404 Willowbrook Ln. 610-430-8500
- Oscar Lasko YMCA: The Y has partnered with the Chester County Food Bank and the United Way of Chester County, to collect and distribute food to the community on Fridays from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. For donations and pick-up, you will need to pull up on Chestnut Street park in one of the meter spots near the front door and honk your horn.
- Safe Harbor: Community Lunch is served Monday – Saturday 11:30-12:30 and on Sunday’s November-March same time. 20 N Matlack St. 610-696-9016
- St. Agnes Day Room: Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 9:00 – 10:00am. Lunch: Monday – Friday: Noon – 1:30pm 233 W Gay St. 610-429-0697
- Salvation Army Community Meals: Monday – Thursday: Breakfast 7:00 am | Dinner 5:00 pm — Saturday Dinner 5:00 pm (except 2nd Saturday) Sunday Lunch 1:00 pm — Sunday Dinner 5:00 pm — No meal service on Fridays. 101 E Market St. 610-696-8746
- West Chester Area School District: Free meals are distributed every Wednesday at Henderson High School from 11:00 am -1:00 pm and at the rear of Fugett Middle School (off of Paoli Pike) from 4:00 pm—6:00 pm. Meals are pre-packaged & include a choice of two entrees, fruit, vegetable, and milk. Contact Food Service Manager,
Clare DiSabatino at 484-266-3880 for alternative meal options regarding dietary concerns.
- The West Chester Food Cupboard: If you or anyone you know needs food, PLEASE remember the West Chester Food Cupboard. It is safe, friendly and easy and you will take home a lot of good food. We’re open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 11:30 at 431 South Bolmar Street.
Availability is based on household income.
- 2-1-1: If you have a housing emergency, PLEASE CALL 2-1-1 or text your zip code to #898-211.
- ACT in Faith was created with the intent to help connect those in need with existing support services and fill gaps in services, helping them move forward on their journey to become self-sustaining.
- Community Warehouse Project of Chester County provides free furniture to people in need due to poverty or other severe life challenges.
- Covid Emergency Housing Info
- Friends Association: Friends Association provides emergency shelter and prevention services for families facing homelessness or housing instability in Chester County. The Friends Association helps West Chester families with Their programs include eviction prevention court, family emergency shelter, housing stability, homelessness prevention, and NIA House.
Chester County Information & Referral Line: 866-286-3767
- The Mayor’s Opioid Task Force: For anyone struggling with addiction, support makes a big difference. No one should go through this alone.