Four years ago, I ran on the platform of increasing communication between the Borough and its residents. Now more than ever, citizens need to have an accessible and transparent government.
Prior to COVID, a lot of residents told me that they were interested in getting involved locally, but not available on Tuesday or Wednesday nights to attend council meetings. A year prior to switching to Zoom Borough Council meetings; I created West Chester Government Live to live stream Borough meetings on Facebook.
Using my background in marketing, social media, and technology, I want to increase the Borough’s communication by implementing the following:
- Continuing Mayor Herrin’s weekly email newsletters
- Create a 3-1-1 line where residents can leave messages for council members and departments to address Borough issues
- Release an ongoing series of videos to highlight the Borough and its services
- Release a State of the Borough Survey to collect ongoing feedback on our services
- Increase the Borough’s social media posts
- Encourage council members to make Facebook pages per ward.